Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chance Encounters


Dear Diary,

Please forgive me, I have not written to you in several days.  Rest assured, as it has only been out of secrecy and the protection of those with me that I have not.  I have made another ally, Dalphine, who I have been working with to infiltrate an enemy gathering.  We learned a great deal about the true nature of the dragon threat, and made our way to Riften to find a man so sought after he was living literally in a hole in the sewers.  Just in case this diary should fall into the hands of undesirables, I will only refer to him as Mr. E.

After finding Mr. E I led him back to Riverwood and Delphine where we discussed our next move.  I will not name our destination as I am writing halfway to our destination (and I have already been the mark of assassination attempts), but it is east, on the way to Markarth.

We set out from Riverwood and split up to be safe.  Better some of us get there than something terrible happen and none.  I have run into many strange things in the short distance from Riverwood to this small camp:

- A strange man in a hurry, gave me an axe and said to hold onto it.
- Another man asking if I had seen a strange man in a hurry.  I gave him the axe and he was quite grateful.
- A camp, which at first looked quite nice and worth checking out, but then I saw the bear warming up by the fire...as well as the two dead men.
- An assassin attacked me in the middle of an open field.  He seemed surprised  I saw him coming.  In his belongings I found a note that read like instructions on how to find me, and mentioned a "dark brotherhood."
- A total of 3 dragons.  Two I easily dispatched, one with the help of a guard of a nearby town.  The third was Alduin himself, resurrecting a dragon.  I sent a few arrows at him and interrupted the ritual, after which he flew off, no doubt to return later.

Finally after coming upon a small valley occupied by a couple of Hagravens, I quickly dispatched them and walked around the rocky corner.  I stood in surprise at a huge camp of Forsworn (who worship the foul beasts).  They also stood in shock, thought about where I just trotted in from, and concluded I had done something bad to their dear bird women.  About a dozen of them instantly drew their weapons and rushed at me.  I dropped two with well placed arrows then drew my weapon.  It seemed as soon as I killed one two more took his place.  I was pushed back further back into the gorge and I turned but saw no way out.  Gritting my teeth and accepting the grim situation I was in, I dove back in.  But something was different this time.  I saw bright lights behind them, and wondered what it could be.  As the lights drew closer my attackers lost impetus and began to turn to face whatever was smashing their rear.  As their numbers thinned I saw it was none other than Delphine with Mr. E tossing fireballs like the crazy old man he is!  As I regained my composure I helped finish off the savages and soon after thanked the two for their help.  I realized without them I would have surely been food for some birdlike monstrosity.

So a ways down we camp, and tomorrow we should reach our destination.

Until next time.

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment