Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Uncovering the Truth


Dear Diary,

We spent the night in Solitude, staying up late going over our gear.  I had become more skilled in enchanting magical extras onto our weapons and armor, so I made some new things for our next trip out.  Jzargo finally got his own personal set of matching ebony armor.  He looks quite dashing.

I also retired my old bow Aether, the one that had seen me through the past few months.  Since I arrived in Skyrim in fact.  I hung it on the wall beneath Mr. Frosty and made two new ones.  Void, an Ebony bow that saps the life of my enemies, and Dreamcatcher, another that retrieves the souls of my enemies for future enchanting.  

The next day we walked to the carriage and checked out our map.  We decided on Riften, to get away from it all for a bit and see a new city. We paid the fare and arrived later in the day.  We paid for a room in the Bee and Barb and then hung around the bar for a bit talking to locals.  It seemed there was a hushed tone when it came to goings on in the city.  Some people had some things to say, although nothing direct, of a thieves guild in town and how they were in a massive triangle of power with Maven Black Briar, the Jarl, and the Guild.  Now being one for the people and disliking someone abusing their power, I decided to see what it was all about.  I chatted up some more locals and after a few days of playing the part of the eager new member, I had made my way into the thieves guild.

As it turned out, there were conspiracies within the conspiracies, and I ended up spending most of my time helping the Guild get revenge on an old member that had turned their back. I forgot all about my goal of uncovering the Black Briars, but I do plan to return to that soon. The Guild is actually a bunch of relatively nice people, and I have no qualms against them.  

In my work for the Guild I did end up having to take a carriage back to Markarth, which I wasn't looking forward to.  It was a short trip though, and it was made up for by getting to spend more time with good old Enthir, a good friend of both myself and Jzargo from back at the College.

There was also a notable attack on the College itself, by no less than two dragons.  It would have been a pretty memorable fight, but the dragons picked about the worst place to attack, and the mages of the guild.

We are now staying at an inn, preparing for our next outing.  So many options on where to go next!

Until next time,

- ST

No comments:

Post a Comment