Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oghma Infinium


Dear Diary,

The three of us set out from Solitude and headed for Dawnstar.  When we arrived, we spent the night and then talked to Silus the next morning, handing him the last piece of the Razor. He said he was going to reforge it at Mehrunes' shrine, and we agreed to follow him there.  The four of us made our way south and arrived mid day.  Dagon seemed to want nothing to do with his loyal follower, but he did speak.  He said that in order to get the dagger I had to kill Silus.  I wanted no part in it, but before I could say anything the dog had jumped on Silus and knocked him off the cliff!  Dagon was amused at the method in which the deed was carried out, and reforged the Razor.  It feels like an ordinary dagger in my hand, but there is something creepy about it.


We were near a cave Urag had marked on my map as a location of a missing book, so we stopped by.  What I thought would take a few minutes ended up being a day long ordeal.  We found the journal of a man who had been researching the tomb, and it mentioned having to find two ceremonial weapons in order to proceed further.  It took a while and we had to deal with countless undead, but we finally found them and opened up the main burial chamber, in which someone crafty hid the book.

Leaving the cave, we took the long trek to Winterhold.  It was a days journey and we stopped in town to sell some things and spend the night.  The next day we stopped to see Urag, giving him the book and letting Jzargo pick up some things of his. 

We returned north to Septimus and the Dwemer contraption.  With the blood samples in hand, he opened the massive cube, which opened into a round corridor going deeper into the heart of it.  Inside Septimus was unhappy, there was just a book on a pedestal.  I however was ecstatic, as it looked ancient and rare.  Indeed it was the Oghma Infinium, a relic of ancient days containing secret knowledge, surpassed only by an Elder Scroll.  This was definitely going in the collection.  As I left, Mora thanked me for my service and named me his champion.

We then took a walk south to Windhelm and again spent the night, but after running into a very creepy little kid who was hacking away at a dead body and requesting I go murder some mean old lady, we skipped town and head south further.

We returned to Vile's shrine, and he was quite grateful for returning his axe.  He asked to kill the dog but I of course refused!  The dog thanked me of course, and instead Vile gave me his boon, a strange mask with charming properties.  The dog disappeared and merged with the shrine, forever returning to his masters shrine.  I will miss that dog, but I guess I can always come back and see him.

Back to just Jzargo and myself, we decided to hit Whiterun, and see what the locals were up to.  We've been here a few days and the city is quite a lot of fun late at night.  Can't stay too much longer though, Jzargo is getting tired of lugging stuff around...

Until next time,

-ST

No comments:

Post a Comment