Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A New Beginning


Dear Diary,

- Narfi is a nice guy.  

- Defeated Alduin.

- Expected much more cheering when I returned to Whiterun.

After leaving Ivarstead, we went once again to the top of the Throat, and discussed the growing threat and a peace treaty.  I agreed to most of the Imperial terms.  It was also nice to see Mr. E again.  We had convinced Balgruuf of Whiterun to allow us to try and trap a dragon.

We succeeded despite some of Jzargo's classic antics.  The dragon and I agreed to the terms that he would be released and take me to where I could find Alduin.  A ride upon a dragon?  Of course I was very excited!  So excited I forgot poor Jzargo behind...

He flew me to Skuldafn, a place rucked away in the peaks of the mountains.  Through a portal inside, I made my way to Sovengarde.  I was distressed to be unable to help any of the souls making their way to the great hall, so I pressed on and made my way inside.  I was blessed with the company of three Nords, and the four of us shouted the evil Alduin into dust.  Not the most difficult opponent I have had to fight so far, and let the history books show the World Eater was defeated by a budding librarian.

I was brought back to the Throat, where Parthuurnax and others met me.  They said their goodbyes and flew off into the storm.  I climbed down in a fluster.  I missed poor Jzargo and did not want to leave him waiting any longer.  I hoped he had not thought I deserted him intentionally.

When I returned to Dragonsreach I was greeted by the steward.  Jzargo had left a note, which read:

"Dear Friend,

Jzargo must return to college.  Jzargo had many adventures and good fun, but studies beckon.  Jzargo remember always, and woman remember always - travel nose first!.

See you at Winterhold,

- Jzargo"



I must admit I was quite sad.  I did not expect him to leave my side so suddenly.  I took a cart back to Solitude and put away some of my items.  My house is quite a mess and could use a good cleaning.
But I was much too sad for that, and spent a few days milling about town and in the bar.  A man approached and offered me to join him in a drinking game.  I felt quite sure of myself having a couple already.  I seemed to be winning, and the next thing I new I was in a strange temple with two other people.  One, a priestess the other a scruffy bald man.

The priestess was yelling at the man, who was trying to calm her down.  He saw me awaken and ran over to me. 

"HELLO!" He yelled.

I replied in kind.  The priestess followed and turned her ramblings to me.  After a long while of explaining, I finally figured out I had lost the bet, and I was in Markarth in the temple of Dibella.  I was confused as to how I got here, so I asked this man.  He introduced himself as Belrand and said he had been watching the drinking game and decided to follow in case I needed help, although I could tell from his attitude it was more because he found whatever I did humorous.  Unfortunately he was quite drunk as well and did not remember how he got there either...

So we left the temple and hit the road.  Our first stop was somewhere east.  We puttered along at a slow pace, as he was quite bored and we both hung over.  I told him he was free to leave, but he insisted he was there to defend me and help.  Quite humorous, as I was the one in full Ebony plate whereas he had a butter knife and rags.

"We should stop at the next town and buy you some leather." I said.

"That'll do missy, I am quite fond of the lighter armors." he responded.

We went on our way.  As the sun set, we passed a strange looking Argonian who walked as one who was in a big hurry but was also trying to conceal that fact.  He looked sheepishly at us with a large bag tucked over his shoulder, and dressed in fancy but dirty full glass armor.  As he passed, I noticed jewels slipping out of his bag.  A thief! I quickly yelled at Belrand to grab him, which he did surprisingly quicky, and I clonked the slippery lizard on the head.

Belrand was quite transfixed by the hefty bag of jewels, and my slap over the head knocked him out of his daze.

"Hey doofus, glass armor."

"Oh.......OH!" He replied, and quickly stripped the Argonian and put on his new suit.  I must admit he looked quite the regal battle mage in his new gear.



Anyway, enough for today.  We made our way to Whiterun just as sun is setting.  My Breezehome is sometimes quite convenient!

Until next time,

-ST



No comments:

Post a Comment